Mini Pepper Nachos
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like it hotter)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mini peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded grass fed cheddar cheese (if out of losing phase)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Other toppings as desired (sour cream, olives, chopped jalapeño, avocado, etc.)
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef until just cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add spice mixture and sauté until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up but very close together.
- Sprinkle with the ground beef mixture and shredded cheese (make sure every mini pepper gets a little meat and cheese!). Bake 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped tomatoes and any other desired toppings. Serve immediately.