1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or more if you like it hotter)
1 lb ground beef
1 lb mini peppers, halved and seeded
1 1/2 cups shredded grass fed cheddar cheese (if out of losing phase)
1/2 cup chopped tomato
Other toppings as desired (sour cream, olives, chopped jalapeño, avocado, etc.)
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper,
oregano and red pepper flakes.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef until just cooked through, about
7 to 10 minutes. Add spice mixture and sauté until well combined. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up but very close together.
4. Sprinkle with ground beef mixture and shredded cheese (make sure every mini pepper
gets a little meat and cheese!). Bake 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
5. Remove from oven and top with chopped tomatoes and any other desired toppings.